Deep Sea Shrimp

The online journal of a deep sea shrimp (pandalus borealis).

Monday, June 20, 2005

I blog, therefore I am

Interesting to note that Melvyn Bragg's unashamedly intellectual radio show "In Our Time" is running a Channel 4 style "Greatest Philosophers" poll. Descartes gets my vote gets - he argued that thinking about our own existence proves that we exist, for how could we have thoughts if we do not? From this Descartes concluded that he can only say that he is a thinking thing - I prefer to define myself as a blogging thing. Blogging is my essence as it is the only thing about me that cannot be doubted.

Well that's what I suggested to Dave (my shrimp pal) as we cracked open a few cans and settled down to watch another anthropological delight on DVD.

Note to self: running low on Flash multi-surface cleaner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home